Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

READ THE STORY"SUPER TOY ALL SUMMER LONG"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> A.I. An Anthology of Short Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLEN BRIGHT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: READ THE STORY"SUPER TOY ALL SUMMER LONG" Reply with quote

I READ THE STORY AFTER I SAW A.I. TWICE.I THOUGHT OVER THE SENSE OF THE FILM WHILE READING.IT WAS WONDERFUL THE STORY,FILM ESPECIALLY DAVID!BUT I STILL WONDER WHO THE "SUPER TOY" IS?IS IT DAVID OR TEDDY OR OTHER?I THINK IT SHOULD BE "DAVID'S LOVE ALL CENTRIES LONG"SINCE SAW THE FILM I KNNOW WHAT IS LOVE AND HOW TO LOVE.THE MACHINE'S LOVE IS THE SAME AS HUMAN BEINGS.SOMETIMES MAY BE MORE!
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: READ THE STORY"SUPER TOY ALL SUMMER LONG" Reply with quote

ALLEN BRIGHT wrote:
BUT I STILL WONDER WHO THE "SUPER TOY" IS?IS IT DAVID OR TEDDY OR OTHER?I THINK IT SHOULD BE "DAVID'S LOVE ALL CENTRIES LONG"

I would agree with you , Allen , and the wonderful short story that Brian Aldiss wrote was remarkable in that it leaves you with so many things to ponder over. Kubrick pondered over it for 20 years, and Spielberg took it from there and developed a screenplay and film that has generated tens of thousands of posts by fans who continue to discuss it till today ! Laughing
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
ALLEN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY?KUBRICK PONDERED OVER IT FOR 20 YEARS?OH GOD!
MY FRIEND WHO LOVES A.I. OFTEN ASKS ME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PUZZLE.BUT HOW COULD I KNOW!MAYBE KUBRICK ITSELF DOESN'T KNOW EITHER!WELL,NO MATTER WHAT,THOSE PUZZLE GIVE MORE WONDERFUL TO THE FILM.
lynxcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Super toys last all summer long Reply with quote

I can't wait to read the book myself. I just ordered it from Barnes and Noble Bookstores and it should be there when I get home in two weeks. The book includes all three of the super toys stories. Super toys last all summer long, Super toys when winter comes, and Super toys in other seasons. I think the movie A.I. is made from all three stories.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would enjoy hearing your views on the short stories when you finish reading them, lynxcat !

Do post your thoughts here when you can ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get my review soon as well, Daniel. I must say I have really enjoyed reading the book. I rarely read books, but sometimes there's just titles I feel urged to read. A.I. too, of course. I simply couldn't miss out on it.

I absolutely loved Brian Aldiss' introduction in the book, by the way. Castle Kubrick sounds like a really odd place. Wink

I have my recent David/Teddy forum signature thanks to reading Supertoys, too. Smile

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
lynxcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Danchia, I'm not really any good at doing book reviews and it has been awile since I read it now, so its not as fresh in my mind.... But it was a really nice short story and I would advise any A.I. fan to read them.

You can tell that A.I. was only loosly based on the story. I think you can see why it sparked Kubrick's imagination, and why he spent so much time working on it. I think for that reason alone any A.I. fan would like it because its the seed that started the whole thing.

And it was a really nice and heartwarming story on its own!
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that story is great. Really kind of different when compared to the awesome film that we all love. It's like Lynx mentioned really, the story really served as a wonderful base for Spielberg to build on. Which he did extremely well, of course. Smile

The general feel of the original story and film is somewhat equal for me - I couldn't help but be moved by the book as well. Heartwarming indeed. It's excellent stuff, and really recommended reading for A.I. fans.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> A.I. An Anthology of Short Stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: