Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A.I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Poll : Which original movie soundtrack do you think is John William's finest achievement to date ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pazu7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynxcat, I just noticed your post regard Jon/Yes. I don't know how I missed it. I am seeing Yes next week in Anaheim. I do have the Vangelis album with Jon's cameo, but they both did numerous albums together. Freinds of Mr Cairo, and my favorite Short Stories, and at least two others. There is an album of Jon doing orchestral versions of his songs callede "Change We Must".

Alain, one way to get sheet music for AI songs is to download a midi version, there are some available online like Hide and Seek and For Always and put them into a midi player that interprets the music manuscript and print it out.
Alain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yea, I have done that with Allegro. However, there are so many different parts in the song that have to be peeled apart, and I just do not feel like having to do that.
lynxcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ok puzu! I just got that XM satalite radio thing for my truck and its great! Anyway there is one station I like that has played a few Jon and Vangalis songs that I had never heard before so I guessed that they had done more together than the one cd I have. That Friends of Mr. Cairo, is that the name of a album, song or both. I remeber it from a long time ago and I liked it alot I think. Could you give me more info on it so I can find the cd? I hope the Yes concert is great!! I didn't know they were still together, thought they broke up a long time ago.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain wrote:
Unfortunately, as it turns out, sheet music from A.I. was not printed for sale. That really is depressing. I like all of the songs so much. Oh well, maybe it is out there, but I just haven't come across it, yet.

Hey Alain ,

So sorry it took me so long to get back with this information. Actually, sheet music for "FOR ALWAYS", which is actually the basis of the theme "Reunion" , is available. It's written for piano, and it's fairly simple, but at least it's something....

Check it out at http://www.sheetmusicplus.com and key in Artificial Intelligence in their search function....

Hope that helps....
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
pazu7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynxcat,

You can go to Jon Andersons site to see all of his albums. About 2/3 down the page are the albums he has done with Vangelis and at the bottom are the guest spots he has done with various artists.

For others, Jon Anderson is best known as the vocalist and visionary leader of the progressive rock group "Yes". He is a serious and adventurous performer whose poetic lyrical surrealism and uplifting melodies have never ceased to inspire me in times of darkness. He has produced an amazing amount of music as well as being involved in groups that promote peace and the spiritual uplift of mankind. His album "Change We Must" speaks to this effort.

He also does a wonderful cameo with Tangerine Dream on the sountrack of the American version of the film "Legend" in a song called "Loved By The Sun"

Find My Way Home, Beside, State of Independence are all amazingly uplifting songs performed with Vangelis on Friends of Mr Cairo. With the exception of the cut "Back to School" which IMO is a bit of a parody and should have not been on the album, "Friends of Mr Cairo" is a close to perfect release. It is rather old, 1980's but it stands the test of time and all the cuts transcend any trend appeal.

BESIDE
(by Jon Anderson from Friends of Mr Cairo)

I have seen the compass turning
Round & round my heart
The senses are yearning
For a possible change of heart
That is coming to you
Coming to you.
You stand upright, you are different
Why the spinal shock the fusion the evil
Spill it out on the floor of belief
Come and mend this design
Come and mend this design
With every right we do.

I have seen the sun, this sounds crazy
The story about a boy in the rain
He was standing waiting so for the light
As though he did have a reason to know
Did he really know?
His eyes were open they expected someone
In his heart he felt the compass was turned on
I will echo so for reasons that change me

Every thought, though it takes so long,
Is mastered with every plan
It would seem there is no end
To the bad or goodness in man
So my friend it seems the weariest night
Just leads to a heavenly dawn
Should we see so much
In every time we sigh.

Even this we could call music
As that would match my body connection
Let me take your hand, I will be beside you,
Beside

It took so much a lot of my mind
I can't help believe the world is sublime
Is this fate?
I see it again & again
Yes, I am taught to love above every reason
Every one, every season
The compass will turn
And turn again
turn again
And turn again
Alain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danchia wrote:
Alain wrote:
Unfortunately, as it turns out, sheet music from A.I. was not printed for sale. That really is depressing. I like all of the songs so much. Oh well, maybe it is out there, but I just haven't come across it, yet.

Hey Alain ,

So sorry it took me so long to get back with this information. Actually, sheet music for "FOR ALWAYS", which is actually the basis of the theme "Reunion" , is available. It's written for piano, and it's fairly simple, but at least it's something....

Check it out at http://www.sheetmusicplus.com and key in Artificial Intelligence in their search function....

Hope that helps....

Oh! Yea, I knew For Always was out, but that isn't what I am looking for. I want The Reunion...simple and plain.
lynxcat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks puzu!!! I'll be sure to check the site out! The cd I have has Find my way home and State of independance on it and I love both songs. I love Find My Way Home more than any other I've ever heard, it's always uplifting even in the darkest times.
pazu7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alain, the Reunion is basically For Always and an adagio version of Hide and Seek tossed in together. You can go this this Williams midi site and download a midi version of Reunion and print it out in manuscript form from a midi player. You may have to sift through the orchestration but apparently that is all that's available to you.
Busara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the A.I. soundtrack is Williams' best in my book as well - but E.T. sure is following close second.

I have gone berzerk over the A.I. soundtrack. After seeing the film I found myself in the record store next day. And a week later I noticed there was a DVD-Audio version for sale as well on the web... Imagine that, the A.I. soundtrack in glorious 5.1 sound. It's one piece of amazing music. I didn't stop with the cd and DVD-Audio though. I recently was able to get an Academy Consideration soundtrack as well. Even though there's nothing special on the cd itself (concerning the available audio tracks), it was used as Best Original Score consideration cd, for the Academy Awards committee. So yes, I'm totally in love with the Artificial Intelligence soundtrack. Wink

As for E.T. - I just find that soundtrack amazing. It's one of those scores that can absolutely make me cry instantly, just by listening to it. It has a severe impact on me. It is a deep, complex, and highly emotional piece of music. Smile

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Kelsey_L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this was a dead thread but I had to reply...

A.I. was his best soundtrack, no ands ifs or buts, it just is. Wink
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelsey_L wrote:
I know that this was a dead thread but I had to reply...

A.I. was his best soundtrack, no ands ifs or buts, it just is. Wink

It's never too late to give compliments when compliments are well-deserved, Kelsey ! Thanks for your input. We can't agree with you more ! Very Happy
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
michealangelo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI music has strong core of human emotion between the real & fantasy.

The way he (John) project his score in "Store Memories & Monica Theme' is VERY mystery. In 'The Search for Blue Fairy' the music itself intrepret David willingness to search Blue Fairy. David 'darkest hour' was mean in 'The Abandoning' when the music trying to 'haunted' the audience mind. As for the 'Hide and Seek' plays with smooth cantilena playback in a lullaby style to convince David's child imitation.

Not to forget the best side of his score in 'The Reunion' seriously shake my emotion & tears for David. In the end, his music signalize the scene for saddest and happiest moment.

I have Vangelis, Secret Garden, Enya & Kitaro. But still JW on the top on them.

He is the one who can speak music language

-pardon for my engrish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Poll : Which original movie soundtrack do you think is John William's finest achievement to date ? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: