Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secondhand Lions DVD - Netherlands release
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mc

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi both of you again,

Nope, it wasn't really too much fun being on schiphol for 2 days. I have been strolling around a bit all night Razz

Well, we arrived in Harwich around, i think 22:00 hours. Then we had to take the train to London, the train actually wasn't there. (it began to look a lot like holland). So we had to take a bus. We actually arrived at the Hotel around 1:00 in the morning Rolling Eyes

The next day we went to Kew Gardens. It's a Botanic garden near Wimbledon. It was beatifull, a must see if you ever go to England.

The 2nd day we went to Tate Britain, a museum that was first started by a guy named Henry Tate (who is also the inventor of the (suikerklontje in dutch) i guess that's sugarcube or something <-- that probably sounds stupid Razz ), which was quite bad because it was an awful lot of people crawling around the paintings so we got out of there very fast.

That same day we went to some shops which i had looked for on the internet with a lot of movie memorablia, (if any of you guys is interested in the adresses, just contact me) because i was looking for he original movieposter of the movie 'Duel' by Steven Spielberg.
I didn't find it untill we went to this shop called ('The movie poster art gallery', they had it. The poster was astonishing, and the price as well, around 500 pounds. As you may understand this was a bit too much for me so i thanked him. they do have smaller versions for 25 pounds as well, i might order one of those.

The other days we've been visiting a lot of places all around London, including: The Tower Bridge, The houses of parliament, The big ben, and a lot more.

It has been a wonderfull vacation.

Mc Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you recommending Duel to us Mc - so I finally ordered this Spielberg classic on DVD last week. It was a bargain too, and I'm really excited to check it out again. It's been a while!

It just arrived via the mail. My Spielberg collection is nearing completion! Cool

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Mc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I love duel!!

Go, watch it! quick Razz

Mc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I certainly haven't seen that cover before. Though I have to say I do perfer the one that I've got. This one makes Haley Joel Osment look too much like a troublemaker, which, as the film clearly suggests, he is not.

Interesting...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie ! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: