Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Memoriam : STAN WINSTON, visual effects artist, A.I.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: In Memoriam : STAN WINSTON, visual effects artist, A.I. Reply with quote

We are devastated to hear of the sudden passing of Oscar winning visual effects artist Stan Winston at age 62 on Sunday 15th June 2008 after a 7 year battle with multiple myeloma.

Stan Winston's breathtaking visual effects work on A.I. Artificial Intelligence won him a well deserved Oscar nomination. Till today, we at Come Away O Human Child still strongly feel that he should have won the visual effects Oscar that year for A.I. Artificial Intelligence. His Oscar wins include those for Jurassic Park, Terminator 2 : Judgement Day, Aliens and Batman Returns.

Steven Spielberg, who relied on Stan Winston to craft creatures that would mesh seamlessly with digitally generated effects in Jurassic Park and Artificial Intelligence: AI, had only the highest praise for the highly respected visual effects artist. "I rode his cutting edge from teddy bears to aliens to dinosaurs," Spielberg said in a statement. "My world would not have been the same without Stan. What I will miss most is his easy laugh every time he said to me, 'Nothing is impossible.'"

On behalf of all fans of A.I. Artificial Intelligence the world over, the webmaster of Come Away O Human Child sincerely extends our sincere and deepest condolences to the family of Stan Winston.

He was a consummate artist, and we will never forget him.

Please kindly leave your condolences to the family of Stan Winston here...
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted over at the Haley Boards

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Busara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston was a truly unique and very powerful personality - and he has been giving us so much in so many films we love. There is no doubt that others will be delivering quality work in the upcoming future, but if we think back of what Winston has achieved... It will be tough to match his craftmanship.

The good thing about working in film is that people who love film will never forget him. Winston had an ability that many films built on, and that makes him someone who will live on in our memories forever.

All the best Stan...

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for writing what you did, Busara.... truly, Stan Winston's rich legacy lives on in all the films he has done, and will continue to delight and amaze fans for generations to come.

For me, his work, especially in A.I. , subtle, seamless special effects that transported me to a future world and made me believe that mecha had were real, was stunning evidence of his considerable talent.

Just amazing....
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: