Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this the end of the cineplex?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Movies, Movies , Movies !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJodancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several reasons I'd go to a cinema to see a film, but one stands out. It's the scene in "Rear Window", a Hitchcock film, where Raymond Burr's character finally realizes that Jimmy Stewart's character has been watching him, and knows what's happened to his wife. As the camera takes a close shot through the window of Burr's darkened apartment, you see the glow of Burr's cigarette as he's sitting on his sofa, watching Stewart. I'm sure there are home theater systems that can make sure that scene works, but someone will have to let me know about it.

I also think the viewing experience is heightened in a full theater, no doubt about it. I can remember specific films I saw in a packed house and it was vastly different than the ones I saw where there were only a few dozen viewers. It's true the current arrangement needs to expand and improve, but I think there could always be a place for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Movies, Movies , Movies ! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: