Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where the Wild Things Are (2009)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Where the Wild Things Are (2009) Reply with quote

Wow, what can I say. This one was absolutely amazing.

We drove to one of the very few theatres in The Netherlands that was showing this beautiful film. It is an absolute shame that the film got such a low profile release. Its marketing failed too, portraying the film as a 'fun family entertainment romp'.

I saw so much more than just 'entertainment' in Where the Wild Things Are. Indeed, this movie is a jump into the mind and heart of a young and troubled boy. As a viewer, you are simply drawn into his character, and you'll be able to feel everything he feels, escaping into his wonderful and larger than life dreamworld.

I am absolutely positive everyone here will *love* this film. Go and check it out - you won't regret it.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: COMPLEX PICTURE Reply with quote

I talked my family in going to see the picture before Christmas 2009 to see this picture and they were more blown away by then I was.After the film we went out for dinner and we spent I think a good 30 minutes discussing the psychological layers of this picture-I wish I had been able to see the film with Freud and Jung and had them join in our discussion after dinner.The visuals were also rather good.
RYS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should consider this movie next time then. I was unsure to watch this movie because the reviews were not that positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: