Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screenplay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaProc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Screenplay Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had the screen play or a rough version at least of the part of the speech that Hubs gave to Walter...I need to hear it again!!! Very Happy
alan nicholas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Administrator Danchia has posted this elsewhere. Is it of help?

"OK, here's the Becoming A Man speech that Hub McCann gave :

" Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honour, virtue , and courage mean everything ; that money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. That true love.... never dies ! "

As for what Hub McCann said to the gang when they asked him who he was , he said :

" I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two world wars and countless smaller ones in three continents. I've led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile and tribes of natives no white men had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men , and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am . "

Beautiful speeches, beautiful prose. "
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alan, for reposting the speeches.

They really are great speeches ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
LaProc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SOO much!!! =)
lionmovielover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: tr00 linez she wanted Reply with quote

thanks alan, but i think you are confusing "lion" movies here, the true speech is as follows:

"You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life. "

-also this quote might be helpful from earlier in the movie:
"What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula? "

glad to help...
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: tr00 linez she wanted Reply with quote

lionmovielover wrote:
thanks alan, but i think you are confusing "lion" movies here, the true speech is as follows:

"You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the Circle of Life. "

-also this quote might be helpful from earlier in the movie:
"What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula? "

glad to help...

Hey lionmovielover,

Are you sure that you are at the correct forum ? Rolling Eyes
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie ! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: