Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

robotboy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osmentfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: robotboy Reply with quote

Notice how in AI, osment put it over as a robot trying to be real? Every movement was absoloutely necessary, know what i mean? He didn't just turn his head for the hell of it, there was a purpose for everything he did. That's good acting.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: robotboy Reply with quote

osmentfan wrote:
Notice how in AI, osment put it over as a robot trying to be real? Every movement was absoloutely necessary, know what i mean? He didn't just turn his head for the hell of it, there was a purpose for everything he did. That's good acting.

That's GREAT acting , in fact ! Thanks for your comments, osmentfan, I agree with you absolutely ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Alain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for starting up an old post, once again. You'll probably find me doing a lot of it, but hey! why not? More posts is good! Anyway, I hate to sound like a critic, but despite the fact that the cast and crew say Haley never blinked once in the movie, he did. It happened right before he looked down at Monica's hands pulling the blankets over him. Hey! I think Haley did a great job too, but I just thought I'd add a little interesting tidbit, that's all.
pazu7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had noticed the one you mentioned before, but yes, there were actually a number of blinks. You can see more when the net is thrown over the Mecha in the shack; when Joe climbs ino the amphibicopter next to David as they escape from Rouge City; as the camera close ups on him as he is looking back and forth at the Mecha digging in the pile of old parts in the pit, and there are a few more quick ones that others have mentioned. There are times when it is unavoidable for the blinking is designed to protect the eye. What I think is cool is that not blinking was his idea, or he and his father came u-p with the idea.
Alain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm? I never saw those. I guess I wasn't paying attention that good. Oh well, I can go back and watch it with my newly bought DVD.
lynxcat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: blinking Reply with quote

I cought a few of Haley's blinks too, but I have to say I'm rather impressed with him, and Jude Law too, he doesn't blink either. Have you ever tried to not blink? I tried it and I'll tell you as soon as you think about not blinking the urge is overwhelming!! And try to not think about not blinking while you are trying to not blink!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Well, if I ever need to become good at not blinking, I think I'll need a lot of practice! And I don't think trying to practice in public is too good an idea because people will probly think I'm so crazy zombie or something!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: