Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exactly where were the main portions filmed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LillySmith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Exactly where were the main portions filmed? Reply with quote

We live 2 miles from where the airplane went under the 183 & hwy 21 bridge. We saw it going on. I would like to know where exactly were the main places (farm, fishing hole, general store, bridge etc. ) were actually filmed? They all look familiar to me. It showed our farm as they were flying in the beginning of the film after the going under the overpass. The movie was wonderful & I would love to see more down home texas films created in this area. We are running out of country fast. We live in a 1880 farm house in the middle of 170 acres. I have always invisioned our homestead being used for something like this. We have a farm with pigs, horse, geese, ducks, pheasants, chickens , turkeys. We live of the farm & can our own food, make our own sausage, etc.. The next time they want to do a sweet movie like this we would love to have them to our working farm....Lilly
lynxcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been really cool to see! I'd love to live someplace like you have, your really lucky! I just watched Second Hand Lions myself and I really liked it. Sort of left you feeling good at the end.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lilly,

Thanks for your interesting message. It must have been really exciting to see Secondhand Lions being filmed right in your backyard !

Over at our website, we have pictures taken by a fellow fan of the various locations where Secondhand Lions was filmed. Check it out at :

http://www.comeawayohumanchild.net/SecondHandLions/locations.htm

Perhaps you can contact that person and find out more information about this. Do share with us what you find out. Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: locations Reply with quote

the BarBQ eating/fight with punks was at the Cele Store which serves BArBQ on weekends. (Northwest of Manor)

I think the feed store in is Coupland, which they chose to spell "copeland".
(Hwy 95, north of Elgin)
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: locations Reply with quote

guest wrote:
the BarBQ eating/fight with punks was at the Cele Store which serves BArBQ on weekends. (Northwest of Manor)

I think the feed store in is Coupland, which they chose to spell "copeland".
(Hwy 95, north of Elgin)

Many thanks for the information ! Really appreciate it ! Smile

daniel
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie ! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: