Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Actually a book recommendation...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Actually a book recommendation... Reply with quote

Well, here I am again after a very long time away. I had to re-register, even!

Today was our last day of school before Christmas break. I read the book You Are Special by Max Lucado to my students. It was a very touching, beautiful story. It was one of those children's books that work well for adults, too.

It is a story about Wemmicks, who are little wooden people who spend their days giving each other stickers. Clever, pretty, or talented Wemmicks get golden stars, while untalented or ordinary looking Wemmicks get gray dots. The Wemmicks' creator, Eli the Woodcarver, teaches one gray-dotted Wemmick, Punchinello, where his real worth comes from.

It kind of made me think of A.I. Just a little.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0891079319/ref=pd_sim_b_3/002-7649283-3444818?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation, Matthew.... I'll definitely check this book out.

Oh and so sorry that you had to reregister ..... you do know that we lost 4 months of the most recent posts and registration data due to a massive computer fault, don't you ?

Check out :

http://www.comeawayohumanchild.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111

and

http://www.comeawayohumanchild.net/forummessage.htm for more details.

My apologies once more for your having to reregister. I am so glad that you are back ! Smile

daniel
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Busara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that recommendation Matthew. And itīs great to see you back on the forum!

I am still reading Super Toys at the moment. I am not as much a reader of books as I should be. But Super Toys certainly has me glued to my seat. It is really awesome.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: