Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Important notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szekeong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Important notice Reply with quote

The release date for Secondhand Lions in USA has changed! It is moving up by one week to 19th September! Looks like I have to adjust the countdown a bit. Cool
pazu7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great. I was born on the 22nd, so I guess I know what I'll be doing for my birthday.
szekeong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pazu7 wrote:
That's great. I was born on the 22nd, so I guess I know what I'll be doing for my birthday.

And you know what? A fan of Haley called Sara, who is a regular poster at the official Haley Joel Osment fansite, will celebrate her next birthday on September 19, which is the release date for Secondhand Lions. Cool, isn't it? Cool
szekeong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good news. Secondhand Lions will have nationwide release in USA. Smile
pazu7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Sara. Yes, nation wide release would make sense since they are after that big opening box office.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why they are pushing the film out a week earlier.... while I am really glad that we can get to see Second Hand Lions a week earlier, I am wondering what other movie they are trying to get a head start against .

It's not cast in iron of course, but when a film's release date is brought forward, it is usually to avoid going head to head with another film which the distributors think will spoil the box office performance of they are releasing.

I am wondering because it is important that Second Hand Lions does well at the box office if Haley , Michael Caine and Robert Duvall have any chance at all at an award. Sad, but true. Rolling Eyes
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
szekeong

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danchia wrote:
I wonder why they are pushing the film out a week earlier.... while I am really glad that we can get to see Second Hand Lions a week earlier, I am wondering what other movie they are trying to get a head start against.

It's not cast in iron of course, but when a film's release date is brought forward, it is usually to avoid going head to head with another film which the distributors think will spoil the box office performance of they are releasing.

Good observation, I have been paying attention to that too. I think the main release why they pushed it forward is because they decided to switch the mode of release from limited art-house release to nationwide release. The change in decision was due to the overwhelming demands from cinema operators. So demading that a limited release in a few cities would be impractical. With that, the week earlier could be a better week for wide-release, therefore the change in release date.

Base on my observation, the originl release date would clash with a few big movies, including The Human Stain starring Nicole Kidman and Anthony Hopkin. So a limited release would be safer that week. But the week before that would see crap movies being released that week, so a wide release would be suitable for that week. Anyway, just a cent of thought. Maybe you would like to enquire New Line Cinema on that. Wink

Quote:
I am wondering because it is important that Second Hand Lions does well at the box office if Haley , Michael Caine and Robert Duvall have any chance at all at an award. Sad, but true. Rolling Eyes

Not just at box office, but critic reviews as well. Anyway, I don't really care if it receive any awards or nominations or not. Just look at A.I.
whatsplaying

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: movie listings Reply with quote

check out whatsplaying.com for showtimes
pazu7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I think we've been spammed. Confused
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pazu7 wrote:
Dan, I think we've been spammed. Confused

It's all right in this case , pazu. There's a hyperlink on the www.whatsplaying.com index page featuring Secondhand Lions that says " Click here to visit the fan club page " which links to our Secondhand Lions section, so I guess that will help bring traffic to our site, so I'm grateful for that ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
pazu7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... OK... that's the good kind of spam.
haleys star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey u guys im new and im in canada so i was wondering when it would come out here im dying to see it!!! Crying or Very sad
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haleys star wrote:
hey u guys im new and im in canada so i was wondering when it would come out here im dying to see it!!! Crying or Very sad

Hello haleys star !! Welcome to the board ! Smile

IMDB.com lists the release date of Secondhand Lions in Canada as Septeber 19 , 2003 .... hasn't it opened there yet ?

You MUST go and see this movie ! I've seen it 3 times already and it seems to get better each time ! Laughing
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie ! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: