Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY , A.I. !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY , A.I. ! Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

Well, it’s well into 29th June 2006 already in Singapore, so I’ll go ahead and post this….

HAPPY 5th Anniversary of A.I. Artificial Intelligence ! Smile

It’s hard to believe that 5 years have already passed since the theatrical release of one of the most amazing films of all time, and the incredible, intelligent and sheer emotional honesty of one very young actor by the name of Haley Joel Osment in that film.

We’re celebrating the event at our Come Away O Human Child A.I. Tribute Site with the archival relaunch of yet another lost A.I. site , Billy Coronel’s A.I. : A Visual Analysis site. This was another wonderful early A.I. fansite that was lost along the way and no longer available online at its original site. Billy Coronel did a brilliant visual analysis of A.I. , and it would have been truly tragic if it were lost forever.

Fortunately, through a lot of painstaking work , we have managed to recreate the site, and it is a complete reproduction of Billy Coronel’s original work except for one image for which we have had to do a best-guess , in consultation with two long-time fans and A.I. experts, Fair and Pazu.

We hope that the archiving of this lost A.I. site would be a worthy Tribute to this amazing film on its 5th Anniversary, and we hope that you will all enjoy revisiting the film through this site.

Check it out over at www.comeawayohumanchild.net
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Busara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time has really been flying, hasn't it? It's been five years indeed...

It wasn't a movie theatre showing for me the first time I saw the film, but I clearly remember projecting that DVD on the wall here and finding my jaw still being stuck to the floor even when the endtitles had already scrolled off the screen. Everything amazed me: the story, its cast / characters, the visuals and the wonderful soundtrack. The film moved me beyond anything I had felt before - and for that reason A.I. is my favourite piece of heartfelt cinema.

Truly, the film we all love here is a masterpiece that deserves to be memorized and praised. A.I. also was the film that really drew my interest in Haley as an actor. Surely I was impressed by Osment in Sixth Sense, but A.I. was the tip of the iceberg - the creme de la creme of amazing cinema. Also, I think it was A.I. that somehow boosted my interest in drama- and related genre films a lot. A good thing.

The Come Away website is now blessed with the awesome Visual Analysis, and will no doubt continue to flourish in the future. A.I. has had a very significant impact on my life as a person and fan of film, and I'm happy to be among you guys here.

Praise the cast & crew of A.I. AND Come Away. Happy fifth anniversary! Smile

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Ronnievb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Thank you guys very much for recreating and sharing this analysis, I really enjoyed it.

Ofcourse, I knew most of the symbolism and other significant stuff in the film, but most of the small symbolism and visual genius like the `tear´rolling down Gigolo Joe´s cheek where thing I was amazed by. Other things like the curved fingers and the parralels between Martin and David where also new to me.

If every anniversary offers such a treat, I´m sure to visit this site the next 80 years or so! My deepest respect goes out to the makers of this analysis, this website, the film, the book and ofcourse Haley Joel Osment.
Mc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked That's one great tribute... again!

Thanks very very much for the hard work you guys must have put into this,
it's really appreciated. Very Happy

I guess I sort of hoped that the 5 year anniversary would bring a new DVD
with never before seen extra's and stuff like that, but Sadly enough it didn't.
I hope it's on it's way though and we'll just have to wait some more.

Thanks again for all the hard work, and happy fifth anniversary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary AI,

Glad it was launch 5 days after my birthday,
David itself such a gift for my birthday Smile Embarassed

Last edited by michealangelo on Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Happy Anniversary AI,

Glad it was launch 5 days after my birthday,
David itself such a give for my birthday Smile Embarassed

Happy Birthday to you too, Michaelangelo !

Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the positive responses to our archiving of Billy Coronel's A.I. A Visual Analysis , everyone . I really appreciate all your responses.

We're not done with the 5th Anniversary celebrations for A.I. yet ! We are now deeply proud and honoured to present yet another A.I. fan project for A.I's 5th Anniversary, THE LEGACY OF A.I. Artificial Intelligence, researched and written by FAIR .

It is an incredible work, and definitely a worthy addition to this Tribute site. Enjoy it , everyone ! Smile

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
michealangelo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice reading danchia Very Happy ,

As a roboboy Haley itself become prominent into new paradigm relationship between human & robot, kindo 'magic' of technology

Quote:

DAVID … for inspiring us with a new vision of future relationships between humans and robots … and how intense, complex, satisfying, and challenging they will certainly become … we welcome you, DAVID, to The Robot Hall of Fame!

Busara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you had a wonderful birthday michealangelo! Smile

And I loved reading Fair's tribute - not to mention drooling over the cool pictures within. I had never seen some of those before. Wonderful!

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: