Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT : HALEY INVOLVED IN A CAR CRASH
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> A Personal Note from the Webmaster regarding Haley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: URGENT : HALEY INVOLVED IN A CAR CRASH Reply with quote

This is a nightmare ....

Quote:
Haley Joel Osment in car crash
Actor in hospital after one-car accident

Thursday, July 20, 2006 Posted: 1244 GMT (2044 HKT)

Haley Joel Osment, best known for his role in "The Sixth Sense," at a party in June.

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, California (AP) -- Actor Haley Joel Osment was hospitalized early Thursday after he apparently lost control of his car while heading to his Los Angeles-area home, authorities said.

Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car collided with a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.

The 18-year-old actor was awake and talking following the crash, Sisneros said. He had been alone in the car and was taken to Huntington Hospital in nearby Pasadena.

Sisneros had no information on his condition, and an emergency-room receptionist said no one under that name was at the hospital.

Osment is set to appear in the upcoming "Home of the Giants." In the film, he plays a high school journalist covering a basketball team as it heads toward the state championship.

La Canada Flintridge, a suburb of Los Angeles, is about 14 miles northeast of downtown.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Article is on www.cnn.com at http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/20/people.osment.ap/

More news as we hear it . In the meantime, please send Haley your best wishes here, and keep him in your prayers....
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/

Last edited by danchia on Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

We just received this news ....

Quote:
KTLA morning news just had a report on Haley and his accident , and it looks like he is "okay".

Nothing confirmed or anything, but in the report they said he had just dropped some friends off and was alone and on his way home. At some point he lost control of the 1995 Saturn he was driving, and it plowed into a brick pillar. They showed the scene of the crash, and it wasn't on a "main" road or anything, it looked like a residential side street with lots of trees and everything, so it would have been quite dark on that road at night from what I could see, but they said the car had sheered off the top of the brick pillar and the car flipped over onto the roof. They said he was wearing his seat belt, and was actually trapped in the car until the emergency people arrived, and they cut him out of his seatbelt. The car and the crash scene have already been cleaned up.

He was taken to hospital and did have some cuts and scrapes from the crash, but he was talking and all that according to the report. Currently the hospital is denying he is even there, but there could already be confidentiality agreements in place.

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After that initial news it is excellent to read Haley is in ok condition. Carcrashes are mostly very unforgiving so I am very relieved by your latest update Daniel. Thanks for posting that.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a NEWS VIDEO CLIP

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_200211348.html

(weblink has been updated as news-urls on cbs2 are changing all the time - you might need perform additional browsing to reach the clip) -busara
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
haley lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh!!the car is very bad!!

but i am happy that haley is "ok".. Very Happy Very Happy
xekk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn just heard the news from Busara.. Thank god hes OK!!

Last edited by xekk on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
brbflintstone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: God spped my freind Reply with quote

I just like to say I think he's a great kid a great actcor and I wish him the very best God speed my friend get better soon!
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As time progresses reassuring news emerges: Haley's confirmed to do well and is expected to recover fully and relatively quickly from his injuries. Seeing the wreckage of the car he was driving I think we can all be very happy that he's doing as fine as he is reported to be at this moment.

While cbs2.com might be drawing some worrying conclusions before investigations are complete, there's reassuring text to be read:

Quote:
Dr. Paul Gilbert, an orthopedic surgeon at Huntington Memorial, said Osment was in "good condition," despite complaints of pain in his shoulder, possibly the result of a scapula fracture -- although tests were inconclusive.

"He's really in good condition," Gilbert told reporters outside the hospital. "The injuries are relatively minor. He is in some pain, but Haley just wanted everybody to know that he's going to recover. He's going to be fine and he appreciates all the calls and all the concern that everybody's showing for him."

Unfortunately cbs2.com is also guessing on what could have caused the accident to happen. Please visit here to read about their full story. Please be careful when interpreting news reports from various news sources - they are indeed contradicting eachother at this time. Please allow more time before we'll really know what has happened.

Haley's doing ok and recovering well. And that is most excellent.

Ronnievb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some articles say he weared a seatbelt, some say he didn't. It's hard to guess the truth when there are no official reports yet, so the best we can do is having a keen eye on all these articles and not take them for granted.

Then again, I'm glad Haley himself stated he is ok.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article with the OFFICIAL word from Meredith Fine, Haley's agent.

Thankfully, Haley DID wear his seat belt , and true to our boy , he had the spunk to attempt to free himself from his crashed car. Another point to note is that the report states clearly that no evidence of alcohol or drugs were involved in this incident, according to the Sherriff's Dept.

Quote:
Haley Joel Hospitalized

by Gina Serpe
Jul 20, 2006, 12:00 PM PT

He may see dead people, but roadside columns are a trickier beast for Haley Joel Osment.

The Sixth Sense star was hospitalized in Pasadena early Thursday after reportedly losing control of his car, hitting a brick pillar and flipping his vehicle.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the 18-year-old actor was en route to his home in the L.A. suburb of La Canada-Flintridge at roughly 2:10 a.m. Thursday when his 1995 Saturn--yes, Spielberg's former muse drives an 11-year-old car--jumped the curb, collided with a four-foot brick mailbox pillar and overturned before coming to a stop.

The onetime Oscar nominee was alone in the car at the time of the accident and no other vehicles were involved.

Sergeant Bob Patterson said that Osment looked "banged up and scraped up" when deputies pulled him from the vehicle, though the A.I. star was still alert and talking coherently.

Osment's agent, Meredith Fine, says that contrary to an initial report from the sheriff's department, the actor was wearing a seatbelt when his car crashed, but had removed it prior to the deputies' arrival.

"He removed the belt to climb into the back seat where he was better able to exit the vehicle," she said. "The driver's side door was blocked by the air bag that opened on impact."

Osment was admitted to Pasadena's Huntington Memorial Hospital where doctors treated him for a broken rib and lacerations on his arm. The hospital said he will remain overnight for observation.

"Haley is doing well," Fine said, adding that the star is expected to make a "quick recovery."

There's still no word on what caused him to lose control of his car in the first place.

But the curse of the former child star may not be to blame: There are no signs that either drugs or alcohol were involved in the accident, per the sheriff's department.

Osment, whose workload has dwindled with his age, recently wrapped production on the coming-of-age drama "Home of the Giants". The actor stars as a fledgling journalist covering his high school basketball team's run for the state championship, only to uncover possible corruption among the players.

The film is set for release later this year.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,19546,00.html?fdnews

I am so happy that apart from abrasions, bruises and a broken rib, Haley is fine ! I am thankful ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting message from a fan who was actually at the scene of the accident :

Quote:
I heard the crash and because we are a rather rural, residential area, without street lights, I couldn't see anything when I went outside. Only after the fire department came could I see that he was down in a ravine...which is why the car flipped...his tires must have slipped off the right side of the street. He was on a quiet street with a slight curve to the left. So, it was late and all he had to be doing was fiddling with a cell phone to hit the mail box pillar (made of brick) and the car could have slid off the side. There were houses on either side, so the ravine isn't deep, but you know how any small slant can tip a car over. I did not hear any braking and I did not hear the impact on the pillar as much as I heard the car landing. I think the news media has made the "flipping" part sound like an action movie. Judging from what I heard and what it looks like, he just slipped over to the side of the road, knocked over the mailbox and veered over the edge, into someone's property. Several of his classmates live in this neighborhood, so perhaps he was just leaving and didn't focus on the road. It was after 1am.

Here are some news pictures of the car....

Truly frightening images .... I am thankful that Haley managed to walk away from that car with just a broken rib and not much more. Imagine if he wasn't seatbelted ....

Shocked
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who are overseas and who do not get the television news reports , here is a frightening account of the condition of the car after the accident :

Quote:
I just watched the late evening KTLA news, and they did not have anything "new" to add, and they did kind of allude to confirming some of the stuff that Meredith Fine had mentioned. The car itself seemed to be the main focus of the report, and you have seen the images from that video link, and again thankfully he escaped all that "basically" unharmed. They did show the inside roof of the car, and there was a very large blood stain there... keeping in mind the car was upside down, so he would have been on the roof. What that did seem to confirm for me was what Meredith had said, that after the crash he did release his seatbelt and moved toward the back of the car... the stain was on the front portion of the roof near the middle, and continued on toward the backseat area... a truly horrific sight. Just the thought of him occupying that space is just... well, is something you do not want to think about because of the emotions.

I shuddered at the description , not because of the mention of the terrible blood trail ... as a doctor I am used to seeing blood and it doesn't bother me any more.... but it was the thought that all that blood was from poor Haley . I shuddered to think what must have been going through his mind as he tried to crawl to safety , but still remained trapped in that overturned car , and the pain he must have been feeling from his broken rib and injured shoulder . I shuddered at the thought of how his parents and his sister must have felt on hearing the news, and on seeing how bashed up poor Haley was ...... Sad
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Busara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a frightening account indeed Daniel. I seriously hope I'll never experience such an accident myself. I'd probably faint when seeing *any* blood, but perhaps it works differently when one is in a dire situation and need to exit this situation quickly.

But wow, Haley's doing well. That makes me truly happy.

Quote:
...when his 1995 Saturn--yes, Spielberg's former muse drives...

Am I reading this correctly? Was the car that was wrecked previously owned by Spielberg? Did Haley crash a gift from Spielberg? Oy. Smile

xekk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah mayb he crashed with spielbergs former car.
I'm curious about the whole story about the accident....!
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the 1995 Saturn may have been his mother's car . Whatever it is, I am impressed that inspite of his wealth, Haley is humble enough to drive this old car instead of some flashy sports car . Haley won a Lexus in the Michael Douglas Charity Golf Tournament a couple of years ago , but he immediately donated it back to charity. On the other hand, Frankie Muniz has from what I heard , 8 -9 sports cars, some costing hundreds of thousands of dollars . What a difference between the two teen actors....
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> A Personal Note from the Webmaster regarding Haley All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: