Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Date on envelope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan nicholas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Date on envelope Reply with quote

Walter finally received a letter from Mae, in which she said she was at college as planned. He then looked at the postmark on the envelope, which read 'Las Vegas - Nev'. We were supposed to be looking at that, but also on the postmark was the date, which would give us an accurate date for the period during which the film was set. I think I read '9 Nov' - then it disppeared from screen. I didn't get the year; did anyone else? I think it may have been smudged (deliberately - by the filmmakers?)
pazu7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was probably intentionally smudged out. It was supposed to take place in the 60's but there were some criticisms of time frame inconsistancies and it felt more like 30's 40's to me except for the tough guys who were definitely 50's stereoptypes.
szekeong

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pazu7 wrote:
It was probably intentionally smudged out. It was supposed to take place in the 60's but there were some criticisms of time frame inconsistancies and it felt more like 30's 40's to me except for the tough guys who were definitely 50's stereoptypes.

Could be the costumes. They look so outdated.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, many apologies....

Somehow I missed this thread. Sorry for the late reply.....

Actually, I was the one who bid successfully on the prop letters that were released for auction, and am in the midst of preparing a new section on www.secondhandlions.net featuring detailed pictures of some of the props.

My scanner is down currently, but I will try to get the scan of the letter and envelope for you very shortly.

I cannot remember the exact date off the top of my head, but the year was DEFINITELY stamped as 1962 . Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Second Hand Lions : Talk about the movie ! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: