Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The exclusive HALEY JOEL OSMENT Home of the Giants Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Home of the Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryanne wrote:
Finally!!!

But why in 3 parts? We have already waited so long! Sad

Thanks for your support, Ryanne. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I thought hard and long about whether or not to release it over a week, but the final decision was that each part is so rich, each part so detailed and discussion worthy that I felt it was better to give at least 3 days between each part to allow for fans to savour all that Haley had to say, before being treated to more.

So.... my apologies for making you wait just a bit longer, but do go back and reread Part 1 of the interview when you have some time to just sit back and enjoy it, and you'll be surprised at how much more you may see about who Haley is and what he stands for. Take your time and get to know him better ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busara wrote:
It took a decent amount of time to even get through that first part of the transcript - quite the amazing and lengthy read I'd say. I am impressed by a lot of the things that Haley spoke about really.

I am particulary impressed by the way 'different' cinema seems to be on Haley's mind. Taking time to get the right script, find the right people to work with. Not being afraid to take adventures in cinema that might not be Hollywood-hot, you know (Edges, for example). It's amazing to me that Haley seems so very interested in doing cinema that really matters. I think we (the audience) all really need that kind of fresh air in film.

I can't wait to read more of the interview. Thanks for making it available in this format - it's a wonderful read indeed.

Quite an amazing young fellow Haley is, right, Busara ? You can see how different he is from other actors .... he thinks at such a deeper level, and it was just wonderful to hear his thoughts about his previous films, and his passion for the art.

I guarantee you that by Part 3, you will be truly blown away to find out how special a person Haley is !
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Ryanne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danchia wrote:
Quite an amazing young fellow Haley is, right, Busara ? You can see how different he is from other actors .... he thinks at such a deeper level, and it was just wonderful to hear his thoughts about his previous films, and his passion for the art.

I guarantee you that by Part 3, you will be truly blown away to find out how special a person Haley is !

I completely agree.

As for the 3 parts, on one hand, I want to read it all, now! On the other hand, part one is so rich and elaborate, it takes a couple of reads to take in all the details, and a great read it is I might add. And maybe all at once is a bit too much. But definitely worth the wait.
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fair wrote :
Wow danchia... thanks for all the incredible effort in putting together such an amazing presentation. What began with Mr. Gorman, then Mr. Merriman and now Mr. Osment has yielded some great depth and excellent insight into the many facets of those most closely involved with this film. The quality of what has been achieved at a cost of only time, dedication, and a commitment to something that by all indications is worth believeing in... I think would at the very least give whatever Hollywood can produce a run for its money, if not surpass it.

Here we see Haley as we know him to be, and what he has to say about the variety of topics thus far is almost staggering and will take a good long while to fully appreciate everything.

His support for film festivals for young people, which almost seems to be a natural extension to his further reach into various causes and charities that he believes in like the Blind Childrens Center, and now the addition of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, is truly heartwarming. Collectively such activities and support help define the sort of person that he wants to be, and this is the example that he wants to set.

What he had to say about each of his previous films was just so rewarding, and it was like we got to relive so many great memories and how everlasting those films will be... and if those film were everlasting, then I think it is safe to say that "Home of the Giants" will be as well.

He spoke at length about the close working relationship he has with his dad, and you know I think this was basically just a glimpse at the incredible depth that must exist, but there simply are no words adequate enough to describe it.

How much he cares about his art as an actor, why he has no interest in accepting just any old script that comes along, what he looks for in a potential new project, and how he remains true to himself.... and more, and more, and more that all just seems to fall so far away from what is usually expected out of Hollywood. Then you realise... good grief... this is only the first third of the whole interview... all of this is truly overwhelming!

But this is who Haley is as a person... and Haley is the best.

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fair wrote:

> His support for film festivals for young people, which almost
> seems to be a natural extension to his further reach into
> various causes and charities that he believes in like the
> Blind Childrens Center, and now the addition of the
> National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, is
> truly heartwarming. Collectively such activities and support
> help define the sort of person that he wants to be, and this is
> the example that he wants to set.

What I really like about Haley is his consistency . When he talks about these charities, it's not just hot air or public relations baloney. It's real, because he has for years been participating in charity events, since he was really young, and when he attends film festivals with the focus on children, you know that he really has a heart for these kids.

I like also that he credits his parents for instilling in him, since he was very young, this yearning to give back to the community out of a sense of gratitude for having been given so much himself, for having been blessed.

How refreshing it is to hear that from a young man like Haley !

Quote:
> What he had to say about each of his previous films was just so
> rewarding, and it was like we got to relive so many great
> memories and how everlasting those films will be... and if
> those film were everlasting, then I think it is safe to say
> that "Home of the Giants" will be as well.

As you all know, I have for years been working hard on the A.I. Tribute site, and also spent many years on the Secondhand Lions Tribute site, so it was so encouraging for me to hear from Haley his perspectives on those 2 films, in particular, for me. Wonderful, wonderful stuff !

Quote:
> He spoke at length about the close working relationship he has
> with his dad, and you know I think this was basically just a
> glimpse at the incredible depth that must exist, but there
> simply are no words adequate enough to describe it.

Absolutely right .... now if only I can score an interview with Eugene Osment, to hear HIS perspective on working with his son , I think that would really complete the picture ! I remain hopeful that Eugene Osment would grant me an interview, hopefully soon !

Quote:
> How much he cares about his art as an actor, why he has no
> interest in accepting just any old script that comes along,
> what he looks for in a potential new project, and how he
> remains true to himself.... and more, and more, and more that
> all just seems to fall so far away from what is usually
> expected out of Hollywood. Then you realise... good grief...
> this is only the first third of the whole interview... all of
> this is truly overwhelming!

And the interview just keeps getting better and better . I think everyone is going to be blown away especially by the third part !

Watch for it !

daniel
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ariel wrote :
It is mind-boggling how intellectual he is. There are actors twice his age who can't analyze filmmaking that well.

I absolutely agree , Ariel. It's obvious that Haley is a Thinking actor . He's not in it for a career, he's in it because it's Art.

I can see him truly having a lifelong career in this industry, and it is probably just a matter of time before you see him don a director's hat on a movie set and see the byline , "Directed by Haley Joel Osment " ... how fascinating it will be to see what kind of film he will go on to make when the time comes ....

phew .... mindboggling...
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Author: Trevor H.
Date: 09-09-07 20:13

That's why I still like Haley after all these years. He's still very much a polite person who still has a lot of intelligent things to say. He still hold his head high in this cruel cutthroat business. He cares very much about the craft of filmmaking. An dbecause he still cares more about being a good actor rather than seizing his 15 minutes of fame and fortune. Hey, if he thought fame and fortune was more inportant than being a good actor, would he be attending drama classes at a college?

Quote:
Author: Sarah V
Date: 09-09-07 21:10

Wow, my friends always think it's weird that Haley is my favorite actor: he's not real big in the news or media, he hasn't made a whole lot of movies lately, it's just not typical Hollywood fandom at all. But after reading this, how could you not like or appreciate him? He's not in this thing for fame or money, he truly loves what he does and doesn't take a project lightly. He is just, as you said, very...real. ^_^

Thanks for Part 1, danchia! Very much looking forward to the rest.

Quote:
Author: Ariel
Date: 09-09-07 21:18

Sarah, I get that too from people. I shut them down by saying that he's the equivalent of an indie band. Meaning that the media does not cram him down my throat; I sought him out because he has qualities that appeal to me and have nothing to do with what I'm "supposed" to like. Then they understand!

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
MattXFLexicon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danchia, thank you and Fair for such a wonderful job with this. Congradulations.

You know, I'm in my thirties and some people consider me articulate, but I feel like a Neanderthal when I see how articulate and insightful Haley is at such a young age.

It's really quite something.

Embarassed Smile

http://www.x-fileslexicon.com/
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattXFLexicon wrote:
Danchia, thank you and Fair for such a wonderful job with this. Congradulations.

You know, I'm in my thirties and some people consider me articulate, but I feel like a Neanderthal when I see how articulate and insightful Haley is at such a young age.

It's really quite something.

Embarassed Smile

I appreciate your kind compliments, Matt .... Haley is really quite something, isn't he ?

I too thought that I was articulate... but it was quite something else talking to Haley. I started off really stumbling over my words, but had to get a grip on myself and make myself relax , otherwise I would have just become tongue tied. I had to think fast on my feet, because with Haley, what he said was so rich and indepth, that I could not just stick with my list of questions prepared in advance. He would anticipate what I was probably going to ask and would give me his opinion on that before I even had the chance to ask the question, and what he said was sometimes so unexpected that I just could not lose the opportunity to probe him deeper about it.

I'll tell you something, it isn't easy thinking on your feet at 3am in the morning ( It was 12 noon in Los Angeles but 3am for me the next day in Singapore ) but who knows when I'd ever get the opportunity to talk to Haley again, so I tried to think fast to respond to what Haley had to say.

In the end, it was really more than just an interview , it was more like an incredible discussion or conversation. Haley had no airs about him at all, and made me feel like one of his friends. That's why I say that my respect for him has grown even deeper now. What a fantastic young man he is .... Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your patience, everyone ! Here's part 2 of our 3 part interview with Haley Joel Osment !

Click on the banner above
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Busara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so Haley's story continues - another excellent part of the review. Well done.

What I love best about this second part is Haley's apparant enthusiasm for independent film and the way he mentions they can be so adventurous and rewarding. That, and Haley seems to be really, really enjoying the interview at this stage. That's awesome.

Another positive thing I've found is the way Home of the Giants is looking. I am the first to admit that my initial worries reagarding the film included the phrase 'oh no - a basketball-themed film? will this work out?' - but honestly, I should have known better. Obviously we all have learned a great deal here about how scripts are accepted and participation is given by Haley and his dad, friends. Reading Haley's talking about the project, I am very much looking forward to see the film. Hopefully it shall receive a great distribution.

And wow, shooting during that night-schedule for one month must have been exhausting. Amazing.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busara wrote:
And so Haley's story continues - another excellent part of the review. Well done.

What I love best about this second part is Haley's apparant enthusiasm for independent film and the way he mentions they can be so adventurous and rewarding. That, and Haley seems to be really, really enjoying the interview at this stage. That's awesome.

Another positive thing I've found is the way Home of the Giants is looking. I am the first to admit that my initial worries reagarding the film included the phrase 'oh no - a basketball-themed film? will this work out?' - but honestly, I should have known better. Obviously we all have learned a great deal here about how scripts are accepted and participation is given by Haley and his dad, friends. Reading Haley's talking about the project, I am very much looking forward to see the film. Hopefully it shall receive a great distribution.

And wow, shooting during that night-schedule for one month must have been exhausting. Amazing.

Thanks for what you said, Busara , especially the part about Haley and his dad and about how careful they are about choosing scripts . I think that you have picked out one of the most amazing details about Haley, that Haley and his dad choose Haley's film projects extremely carefully, and that has translated into all the wonderful movies that Haley can be proud of to have in his filmography.

If you enjoyed part 2 of the interview, wait till you hear what Haley has to say in Part 3 ! Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the banner above

What is Haley truly passionate about? Don't miss this final part of our interview with Haley Joel Osment Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
MattXFLexicon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this fine interview, great job!

I really had to cheer when I saw Haley site Children Of Men and Pan's Labyrinth as favorites of 2006. Someone, who will remain nameless, was privately questioning me over Haley's taste in films, and so this left me feeling vindicated. LOL

Very forward thinking person for someone so young, it leaves me with a lot of hope.

Very Happy

http://www.x-fileslexicon.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Home of the Giants All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: