Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The exclusive HALEY JOEL OSMENT Home of the Giants Interview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Home of the Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danielle Swinton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(appearing after a LONG absence, since I forgot my password here...clumsy me!)

My hat's off to you, Daniel. That was one amazing interview! I really liked the fact that Haley Joel express himself so maturely (sp?), and without so many "like" "you know", as so many teen celebs do.

Without a doubt, my favorite part was the third. It was great to find out Haley Joel's musical and literary tastes! I was kinda surprised at the answer for the third poll. And I dumbly assumed his fav movie was Little Miss Sunshine for a moment, although I didn't vote for it. So cool that he likes Latin American cinema, wonder if he saw "Por La Libre", which is an awesome movie, and "Y tu mama tambien", directed by Cuaron...

I have a question, tho. Is it possible that someday you could post the audio files for this interview? At least some excerpts?

And a suggestion: you can make in Amazon a list with all the items Haley mentioned, so it could be easy to view for other users and stuff...

As always, great job with the site!
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Matt and Danielle, for your kind words and compliments Smile

Oh and welcome back, Danielle! It's good to have you back in action with us here Smile

Danielle Swinton wrote:
(appearing after a LONG absence, since I forgot my password here...clumsy me!)

My hat's off to you, Daniel. That was one amazing interview! I really liked the fact that Haley Joel express himself so maturely (sp?), and without so many "like" "you know", as so many teen celebs do.

I know exactly what you mean, Danielle ! It was a joy talking to Haley and being able to relate to him at an extremely intellectual level. I found that so refreshing.

The transcript was literally word for words, with no major edits at all, so that was really how Haley spoke during the whole interview.

Really great stuff !

Quote:

Without a doubt, my favorite part was the third. It was great to find out Haley Joel's musical and literary tastes! I was kinda surprised at the answer for the third poll. And I dumbly assumed his fav movie was Little Miss Sunshine for a moment, although I didn't vote for it. So cool that he likes Latin American cinema, wonder if he saw "Por La Libre", which is an awesome movie, and "Y tu mama tambien", directed by Cuaron...

I think many fans were caught off guard by Haley's choices , evident from the results of all 3 polls. It just goes to show how interesting Haley is in person.

Before I actually had the interview with him, Rusty Gorman said to me , " Congratulations on getting an interview with Haley. He's a very intelligent and interesting person , and you are going to enjoy it. "

Rusty Gorman was so right ! Smile

Quote:
I have a question, tho. Is it possible that someday you could post the audio files for this interview? At least some excerpts?

Heh heh .... well, you never know Wink

Seriously though, the answer is "no" at the moment , at the request of Haley's agent, but like I said, you never know what will happen , so keep your eye out at our various websites ! Very Happy

Quote:

And a suggestion: you can make in Amazon a list with all the items Haley mentioned, so it could be easy to view for other users and stuff...

As always, great job with the site!

Danielle, did you check out our links to the items on Amazon, located at the left hand border of the interview ? It was available when we released Part 3. Smile

Thanks again for your support !

daniel
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
www.tributesites.net/montanaamazon/

Last edited by danchia on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Author: Trevor H.
Date: 09-15-07 13:08

That was great to hear. The one thing that surprised me is Haley doing some talk about hip hop. I've never heard Haley talk about it or even mention who his favorite rapper is. I find it intriguing since in the last year, there's been all this talk that 'Hip Hop Is Dead'. I was even hoping to post a debate about it over here. Also I'm happy to see he liked Children Of Men. That was an excellent movie and really gets one thinking abou humanity and the future.

Great interview all around. Also good to see that you didn't get too much into his personal life. I'll admit that like everyone else here, I have some questions about it. But I'll wait until any press release, and i mean a real press release rather than a tabloid, before going into personal stuff of his.

Thank you for your kind compliments , Trevor, and thanks especially for understanding why I felt there was no need to go into that area of his personal life.

The interview, during its one and a half hour duration, was truly like the most natural conversation I've had with a friend. Haley was so cheerful, so passionate about what he spoke of, so warm , and he treated me like I was an old friend. The conversation flowed so naturally, as you can tell from the transcript, and it felt right and complete.

We all make mistakes, and Haley has been more than open and apologetic about his, I just felt that we should let him move on without always bringing the subject up.

In real life, true friends are always quietly supportive, you are there for them, but you don't always have to talk about certain incidents that have happened in the past.

I will always cherish this one conversation that I've been incredibly privileged to have had at length with Haley. I've had just a small glimpse of what Haley is like in real life, and I went away from the interview respecting this warm and intelligent young man far more than I ever did in the past . This I know will remain with me for the rest of my life. Smile
www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Author: Fair
Date: 09-15-07 19:04

Some really great stuff, and in this final part of the interview we can truly see what a dynamic individual Haley truly is. He has such diverse interests in music, film, and books and what a treat for him to share some of those interests with us.

From my perspective, Haley is just way out there with some of his choices, but I would expect that from an artist like him, and that is quite clear with the musical groups that have caught his interest. I have never even heard of most of the groups he has mentioned, but then I do live up here in what I call the Canadian Outback, so something like Peanut Butter Wolf is not going to show up on my radar. I am somewhat saddened that I cannot really relate to most of his choices in music, but maybe that means his inspiration by these selections can be the motivation to help broaden my horizons.

The book choices are very interesting, and I am for sure going to be starting with something like Laughter in the Dark at some point down the road, and I also leafed through Heat and House of Leaves at the bookstore. Heat looks to be quite informative, and exactly as Haley suggested, and I am not so sure I would have picked that book up were it not for Haley's suggestion. House of Leaves is again way out there, as looking at it in the book store I can say I have never seen a book put together like that before. This will not make sense unless you have seen it, but I am not even sure how you can read a book like that! Quite odd, but it should be a very interesting experience whenever I get started on that one.

Of course his choice of films is exemplary, and I had to laugh a bit to myself when I saw he had Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth as his first and second choice, and I had Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth as my first and second choice on my Top 10 list for 2006. How amazing it would be to discuss those films with him, and certainly any others.

Overall just an incredible interview with a truly incredible person, and thanks to danchia for ensuring all the interviews flowed smoothly to keep Rusty, Ryan, and Haley engaged and interested.... and definitely for the no small amount of effort it took to get these interviews transcribed. Having done a few transcripts in the past, I can fully appreciate the amount of effort it took to get interviews like these into written form... so thanks to danchia for that! Smile

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
danchia
Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Author: André Bazin
Date: 09-16-07 07:53

The fact that he loved Children of Men indicates he has excellent taste in film. I'd love to see what his DVD collection is like.

Quote:
Author: Dana
Date: 09-16-07 10:05

I loved it Danchia, i seriously enjoyed reading it what Haley had to say, WOW!

www.homeofthegiants.com
www.truthandtreason.net
www.tributesites.net
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus the interview has been posted in full - thanks again for all the hard work that was required to get this online. It's been great to see acknowledged what a cool guy Haley really is. Very refreshing.

Can't wait to find out more about Haley's upcoming projects. I guess most of us know about Truth & Treason, but what's that second project that we heard talking about... Smile

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Trevor H.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Just to clear up Reply with quote

danchia wrote:

Thank you for your kind compliments , Trevor, and thanks especially for understanding why I felt there was no need to go into that area of his personal life.

The interview, during its one and a half hour duration, was truly like the most natural conversation I've had with a friend. Haley was so cheerful, so passionate about what he spoke of, so warm , and he treated me like I was an old friend. The conversation flowed so naturally, as you can tell from the transcript, and it felt right and complete.

We all make mistakes, and Haley has been more than open and apologetic about his, I just felt that we should let him move on without always bringing the subject up.

In real life, true friends are always quietly supportive, you are there for them, but you don't always have to talk about certain incidents that have happened in the past.

I will always cherish this one conversation that I've been incredibly privileged to have had at length with Haley. I've had just a small glimpse of what Haley is like in real life, and I went away from the interview respecting this warm and intelligent young man far more than I ever did in the past . This I know will remain with me for the rest of my life. Smile

I know exactly what you mean about unforgettable. I hope to meet him one day too.

When I talk about his personal life, I did not completely mean the accident from last year. I was also interested to know if he had a girlfriend (but I don't have to ask it now since I saw him and Julia make a second appearance together), also about his family life and his school life too as well as his religion. Also if he's a vegetarian. Just a wide variety of questions I would have wanted to ask him.

Basically I will leave it to the other journalists to ask him about his accident. The only question about it that I felt was worth asking was whether that incident will affect his career in the future and his hopes of being recognized as an adult actor. It's a question Haley wasn't asked and everyone else, especially at his KidActoros site, has answered. So I just thought I'd set the record straight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Home of the Giants All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: