Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christiane Kubrick interview, contains A.I. related info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busara

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Christiane Kubrick interview, contains A.I. related info Reply with quote

During a very recent interview with Kubrick's widow, some interesting things were again confirmed regarding A.I. and Kubrick's intentions with it. It once again states that the film is indeed what Kubrick intented. Spielberg took his friend's wish, and finished it amazingly.

Quote:
"If there is a theme that runs throughout Stanley’s films it involves people making enormous mistakes even though we’re aware that the choices they make are probably wrong," Christiane Kubrick said. "We are betrayed by brains that are too small. Our frustration and wickedness possibly derives from that fact.”

Many critics of "A.I." claim it is too imbued with what they consider Spielbergian tropes, while it is well documented that much of "A.I.," particularly its highly emotional ending, was plotted as such by Kubrick himself. In that, Steven Spielberg was the perfect choice to bring "A.I." to the screen, and it truly speaks to Kubrick's wisdom and understanding of his friends' talents when compared to his own. Kubrick's works were indeed largely about failure of intellect or unchecked emotion and deeds. In the case of "A.I.," failure of the intellect still applies (think of Prof. Hobby's speech right in the beginning of the film), and yet failure and more positively, needs of the heart and the human spirit overrule even this Kubrickian standard. The heart wraps around the mind in "A.I." (and yet they fail to work in tandem), and this is what makes the film a truly unique and inspired collaboration between two wholly distinct artists.

Be sure to check out this article to read more about what Christiane Kubrick remembers so well about her husband.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Ely

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good info, I'm glad Spielberg was the one who did the movie and not someone else, A.I is perfect IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Tribute to A.I. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: