Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whale Rider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Whale Rider Reply with quote

One of the films I'd recommend to A.I. fans is Whale Rider. I missed it in theatres, but because of the many awards it won I got interested in seeing it. And what a wonderful film it is.

Like A.I. it is sure to have an emotional impact. It feels like a wonderful little film, and it's also much of a fairy tale. The cast is great - made out of complex and strong characters. There's really nice music as well, but most of all Whale Rider tells a story that will simply melt your heart. Smile

In that way, it's a lot like Artificial Intelligence. Sure, it isn't as large and epic-looking, but its ultimate goal (which I'd presume would be reaching its audience) is well achieved. Whale Rider is rather amazing, so do check it out if you haven't done so yet. Wink

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
pazu7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it and I agree wholeheartedly. Beautiful film, excellent performances.
pazu7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched this film again and was brought to tears. Keisha Castle-Hughes was so amazing in that film. I watched it with the audio commentary on, and there are many scenes where the diretor said that Keisha brought the whole crew to tears with her performance.
Busara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, isn't it great?

Just saw Around the Bend again this very evening, and was brought to tears as well. Such awesome and powerful performances. These films get to me everytime I see them.

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
pazu7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you have reminded me, I'll have to watch Around The Bend again. We are of a mind on these ones, Busara.

Have you seen, The Boy Who Could Fly? It a touching fantasy film that didn't do well in theaters, but is one of my favorites lite heart warmers. A young Jay Underwood's best performance. He does mostly TV stuff now. And Frank Savage plays the cute little comic relief. It's nothing as deep as Rider or Around The Bend, but I think you'd like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: