Come Away O Human Child
A Message Board for all fans of Haley Joel Osment , A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Home of the Giants and Montana Amazon

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pazu7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: 3 recommendations Reply with quote

I have 3 recommendations for films I think AI fans would enjoy. All are powerful films but very different in nature. I have put links to IMDB or the official site for each one.

First, Rabbit Proof Fence. If you have not seen it I recommend this one strongly. Based on a true and tragic story from Austrailian history, this film contains an important social statement and amazing performances by untrained actors and especially the young girl who performs the lead role. There is an abduction scene in this film that was so strong that after filming it the performers had to stop for the day.

Second Northfork. this is a strange film with a dark comedic edge. It has a strong David Lynch overtone in imagery, timing and dialogue and excellent but peculiar perforamces by a stellar cast. Strange film with a strong emotional conclusion, sure to provoke conversations.

And last but definitely not least Himilaya. This is one of the most beautiful films I've seen. Filmed by a man who did nature films for National Geographic, the scenery is stunning and the filming brings you right into it. I wished I had seen this on the big screen but I saw the DVD. A story about survival, family and unity. Also contains excellent performances by untrained actors.
Busara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has a strong David Lynch overtone in imagery, timing and dialogue and excellent but peculiar performances by a stellar cast.

Northfork intrigues me. It certainly seems to be a film I could really like. I will certainly give it a spin in my dvd player! Talking about Lynch, I just saw Mulholland Drive for the first time, and I left my chair in a truly confused state. Excellent film though. I felt like my mind exploded. Regarding cinematography, if Northfork captures Lynch's style, that would be really nice.

Quote:
Rabbit-Proof Fence

To be honest, I hadn't heard of that film before. But after checking the IMDB details, I feel I have to see it.

Quote:
And last but definitely not least Himilaya.

Oh, yes. Friends and people at work have been poking me to see that one. I am sure to catch this one on DVD the next couple of days.

Thanks for those tips pazu! I have all three films on my must-see list now! Very Happy

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Busara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally was able to obtain Rabbit-Proof Fence, and it has arrived on my doormat. Took some time to get here, but now I'll finally be able to see this recommended film. Can't wait. Smile

robvisser.net : my personal website - my movie reviews and more
www.poppedcorn.net : movie reviews and more
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Come Away O Human Child Forum Index -> Film Recommendations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: